View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #8
auminer49r

Re: '72 C-10 door lock actuator relay clicks repeatedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMERDOC View Post
Can you actuate the other actuator by jumping the terminals at the other one? Can you scan your diagram to your computer and post it?
Thanks for the quick reply.

I am unable to scan anything from home, only from work. I am narrowing the problem down though.

On each actuator there is a brown wire, a purple wire, and a black wire(ground). The instructions say to wire the harness to the actuators color to color (purple to purple, brown to brown, black to black). I did that. pretty simple.

Now, if I push both actuators in (locked doors), I read 12.6V on the BROWN wires near the actuators (both doors). They are constantly hot if the actuators are pushed in. Conversely, if I pull both actuators out (unlock doors), I get 12.6V on the PURPLE wires on both doors. I believe that is functioning properly.

If I pull one actuator out, while the other one is in, I get click, cick, click... at the relay but no action on the other actuator. Anytime the actuators are in opposite positions, the relay clicks repeatedly, but nothing happens to the doors.

I think that maybe the relay is the problem.
auminer49r is offline   Reply With Quote