View Single Post
Old 05-27-2023, 07:22 PM   #4
Darkrider

Re: '84 Chevy Custom Deluxe 10...

I still have this old '84. The other square body I had picked up ended up being traded off for a GMT400 then that 400 got traded for another Squarebody K5. That K5 has also ended up sold but in that deal, I got the front fenders and quad headlight rad support/wiring harness as the K5 was a donor for a 4wd Belair build. However, I'm still kind of torn on whether I'm keeping the current single headlight set up or going to the quads.

In the past few years, the following changes have been made to it

LED headlights
Full LED swap to the rear lights
an old Ammo was used as a floor console with bike bottle carriers as cup holders. However, this mod will be redone when I swap in a pair of bucket seats from a Saturn Coupe.

The following repairs have been done in the past few years:

Rebuilt the starter
repaired a trans cooler line.

Ultimately I ended up just enjoying the truck as it was and put it to work for the first 5 years I had it. It has also served as the backbone of my business that I shifted to focus on building in 2019 when I left the security industry permanently. So now it is time for it to be enjoyed as a simple cruiser and occasional work rig.

The plans for it as of this point are as follows:

Replace the front fenders and bedside
Repair drivers door rust
repair drivers side rocker
remove and discard running boards
Order new wheels: Vision 55 Rallye wheels 15x8 front/15x10 rear
Decide on tires for the Rallye wheels
move 2 of the current Nokian Outpost tires to the Astro rims for a fall/winter set
Bucket swap with the Saturn seats
swap the stock steering wheel out for a recovered Grant Gt wheel, Just waiting to send the wheel into the shop to get recovered as the friend who is doing it is booked up till August.
Gloss black/Gloss Med blue two-tone paint. Mostly a Tremclad paint job for the upper part of the body while the lower will be done with bedliner/body liner to protect the new metal.

Most recent pic I have, I May get some at tonight's car meet

I do have 2 van Rally wheels for it as well as I know where I can get some wider ones which I believe are either 15x9s or 15x10s. I owned the wheels on a different vehicle and traded them for a spare box for my '69 C10. But I am able to get them back. I may opt to see if I can find some 15x8 truck Rally wheels for the front to pair with these. If I do so I prob will not get the Vision wheels. Either that or keep with the idea of the Visions and just have two sets of street wheels consisting of the 15x8/15x10 Vision wheels and 15x6/15x10 rally wheels. Plus of course, I still have the 15x8 Wagon wheels that came with it. Overall in the end 5 complete sets of wheels for it as I have a set of Turbines as well. But given I tend to keep finding square-body trucks and am working on picking up a Chevy G20 van it does not hurt. Plus there is a pretty high chance I will eventually do a 5-lug swap on my '69 so there is another truck that would need wheels as well.
Darkrider is online now   Reply With Quote