View Single Post
Old 11-25-2023, 03:37 PM   #1463
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

So by now everyone knows there is a new car at Grizz Towers.

For those unfamiliar with these….

Seller certainly under-described it like this.

2002 Peugeot 206 CC, 2-litre petrol

MOT OCTOBER 2024

IT'S A PROPER HARD TOP CABRIO AND NOT DAMP INSIDE

FREE PIE IN BOOT ! [edit: plus other things, see below!]

ULEZ / CAZ COMPLIANT !

AN OBVIOUS FUTURE CLASSIC, blah etc

103k, NEW MOT, had oil and filter while up on ramp to fit the new CV boot they failed it on (the sole failure point), done at same proper garage and was a bit costly, but done now

I replaced (£80 used) the COM2000 unit behind the steering wheel. which was haunted, as the immobiliser decided to lock me out at the CO-OP (yes really). Common fault apparently, the unit I took out was dated 2004 so it's already had at least one in its life

Good things:

A convertible hard top with the electrical trickery of one button open and close and is in working order

In a quite swish METALLIC GREEN

The 2-Litre in this one, not the usual 1.6 and you know it. 135 BHP when new and doesn't feel like too many of those have escaped, really eager out on the road.

Drives alright, (think powerful rollerskate) without the expected bangs and knocks and squirms you expect from a car of this age and value.

Auto lights and wipers which are a bit spooky if not expecting them

Most things work OK, has LED side lights, radio CD with dash display and steering wheel radio adjust, manual seats, electric windows, electric mirrors, etc

21 years old, so went straight onto my Classic Multicar Insurance, without even a plead.

Bodywork is generally pretty decent, no corrosion advisories at MOT although it would benefit from some Lanoguarding under there

Dry inside, with the hard top up you would never know it converts.

Interior is black leather and ok, though does have seam split though on the side bolster as not got around to sewing that just yet- maybe this weekend. Nope.

Taxed to get you home end of month. as it is in daily use on the school and allotment runs. Daughter hates it, a bonus.

Moaner's Manual in wallet along with original salesman's card, Renwick's Plymouth

V5C says just 3 previous moaners

Not so clever things that aren't actually 'bad', more 'feature'

The Air is not conditioned.

The Trip Computer suffers from confusion.

Service stamps to 43k in 2007, so a Service Mystery. No other bills, so the Cambelt is roulette

The tax is a bit fruity at £30 pm, but that is what fleet SORN flipping is for.

One rear electric window needs a bit of help in its seat when raising, simple and not a big issue. I thought I'd break more things getting in there trying to adjust it.

It does have a very small ding on the offside rear arch (but you can get behind and I have pushed it out a bit so is better since the photos), a couple of small areas of lacquer peel and a few very small rust bubbles, not much or even that noticeable. Dare you to find them.

Advisories minimal: old rear tyres, chunk out of wheel lip and an oil leak (apparently) But it's a leak that just hasn't happened on my driveway, the wheels all hold air and are round.

I still don't trust that immobiliser, due to the haunting, so just use the key. It will blip. I just daren't.

If someone wants it outright just PM me. I need to raise funds for Motorhome work, house repairs, the usual. NO MORE CARS THE WIFE SAID, so swaps are out

Photos from the seller.

For those who made it this far

More to tell in a while if you are interested.

Let me know.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote