View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 03:30 AM   #1
Hossjoe

86 Stepside Project - The Old Man's Truck

I'm just in the beginning stages of reworking this 1986 stepside. The old man bought it new and I've been after it ever since (I was after his 73 El Camino he had before the Silverado too). He passed last Sept, so this will be a tribute build...a daily driver custom that dad would be proud of...
Name:  IMG00024.jpg
Views: 4707
Size:  46.5 KB

Name:  IMG00026.jpg
Views: 1585
Size:  64.5 KB

Name:  IMG00028.jpg
Views: 2462
Size:  66.2 KB

THE PLAN
Initially I will just be getting this truck caught up with some needed TLC. Pops kept his truck in good order, as you can see, but it's still 1986 technology...a funky half OBD1 and half OBD2...half electronic and half mechanical. Anyway, phase one will be to remove, clean and simplify as much as possible. Already have the interior out and working on a custom dash.

Phase Two will be a full late model donor conversion. I'm tossing around the idea of a SS or Escalade concept. I'll probably keep the small block, but fuel injection and super charger will be included. Haven't decided on conventional or air bag suspension yet, but I'm leading rear 4 link with bags and conventional (LASA) front with rack and pinion conversion.

Last edited by Hossjoe; 01-22-2010 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Plan info
Hossjoe is offline   Reply With Quote