View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 08:46 AM   #180
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

The CHE precision Inc trunion kit arrived. I had just enough time yesterday afternoon to give the rockers a final clean up, and prep for the new trunion install.
The instructions that come with the kit are very easy to follow, a simple process. There are also quite a few videos about this install online, but they are all pretty much the same. One thing the instructions mentioned is how to orient the snap ring, with the sharp side facing away from the trunion /bushing. It can be a little bit difficult to tell which side to choose, I went with the side that seemed “less” sharp. You can use oil or assembly lube when installing the trunions and bushings, I chose to use assembly lube, as it may be a while before this engine is fired up again.
Again this was a simple installation, I chose to upgrade the rockers because of the miles they had on them, not so much that I was concerned about getting rid of the needle bearings in the original trunions. With the higher lift cam and 660 springs, I felt the rockers needed some attention too. You know what they say about “New power on Old parts……This kit should compliment the new higher lift cam and stronger/stiffer springs
Attached Images