View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
jstplyn331

'72 Blazer 4wd getting all the best

Ok well here we go, I have had this Blazer for a little over a year now, and have been gathering up just about everything under the sun that I have liked, found on the threads or other wise and it is time to get it going. I will post as I go, but I don't have as much time as I use to, and getting it to work on a build is going to get a little shorter as a New addition to the family is coming.

So Here we go. The Blazer was bought with a little rust needed has been sitting for 11 year and then before that it was barley driven at all. No special order Blazer or nothing.

It came to me like this

and then trying to organize the pieces I just purchased.

So the plan is to Drop a LS-1 with a 4L60 & 246 transfer case. The idea is to have push button 4wd on the fly.

So the delema was to find a front axle that would allow for Drivers drop, and that will be a '79 f250 with high piņon so might as well go 8 lug for a nice wheel. The other delima is crossmember for both the LS-1 and the 4L60.

Well I found a CCP universal LS-1 cross member that works great with a little modification. and well we just built one for the 4L60e. I will post as many pictures as I can, but right now it is in the begging were we all have to start.
Attached Images

jstplyn331 is offline   Reply With Quote