Thread: Lost My 65
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #357
66-PMD-GMC
The 60-66 GMC/Pontiac guy....

Re: Lost My 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
I appreciate you always checking in on my threads.

"I feel that I won't ever be really doing what we call a 'Build Thread', but I'm pretty settled now on a direction/theme.
I see others build these classy beauties and I think of how I'd be afraid of every possible ding and chip. Also, with this truck there is so many layers of memories and experiences in the paint, the body, and even the chassis.
Things that I want to keep.
So, stripping down to metal and smoothing out every ding and ripple just doesn't seem right."

"I like the idea of sanding down in kind of a faux-weathered look to expose portions of these layers. This allows me to see these layers of time and memories, but also allows me to not have to be worried about future dings and dents."

"The wheels and tires are the same size all around.
The over-all width of the tires is 12"
Posted via Mobile Device
As I often times say, it's your ride, build it your way and for you...
I get asked "WHY" about my choice of a power plant for my truck all the time... but it's what I want, so Pontiac motivation it is.. ...
You can't beat a driver that you don't need to worry about when you are parked at the store..
Nuff said...
As for tires, I was thinking of going with a 10" wide tire, section width that is for the front, but wasn't sure it would fit...
If your tires are 12" then there is a god chance 10" will fit on mine...
Keep posting progress ..
I'm still searching for the right wheels for my 63..

Building Genuine Pontiac Firepowered cars and trucks for several decades.

Why Pontiac?? That's just me daring to be different.

Projects..

63 C10 Short Wheel Base fleetside (The Pro-Street) currently under reconstruction.
440CID 2X4 Pontiac
66-PMD-GMC is offline   Reply With Quote