View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 06:46 PM   #7
ls1nova71

Re: TCC and cruise help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post

As for the cruise, you need to find the wires that went to your original cruise module under the hood. In that plug you will find the same color wires you found under the dash. I would do a continuity test between the wires at the cruise switch plug inside, and the module plug under hood to verify you have the correct wires. The gray wire is "on/off" and goes to the TAC harness pin 14, the dark blue is "set/coast" and goes to pin 4, and the green wire goes to pin 5 "resume/accel". The last wire on the TAC is light blue and is in pin 6, you need to run this wire to the brake light switch, and hook it up to the brake light wiring side of the switch that is hot when the brakes are applied, I believe it will be a white wire. I "think" you will have to run that last wire because the older wasn't wired that way, but not totally sure since I've never had this new of a truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsett83 View Post
My next question is regarding cruise. My truck had factory cruise. When i looked underneath the dash i found wires coming from my turn signal/cruise lever that had a pink wire going to ignition, a green wire, a blue wire, and a grey wire. The postings on here i found stated i was looking for a yellow, green, red, and blue. Can you guys confirm the wire colors, and tell me where you hooked into those wires at? Also, those are spliced into the pins on the bigger TAC connection correct (16 pins i believe)?
Did you read this? Those 4 wires are the cruise wires. You can cut the wires under the dash and run new wires all the way to the TAC, but if you still have the wiring going to the original cruise module, they will be there. I don't know where you read that they were supposed to be red, green, yellow and blue, as they are not, unless you break open the cruise lever, inside they are those colors, but that's irrelevant

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote