View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 05:56 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: "The Sled" Ride of 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBe68 View Post
If you are like me and have been bumping around this site, as a "guest", for a few years now – Hold your hand up - yep...me too. Now that I'm the proud owner of a 69 Sled, I thought it was time to join up. Great site by the way!

My story in a Reader’s Digest version is - I've been looking for a 67-72 4x4 3 door Sled for several years now. With a wife and 4 young boys means we have a traveling circus to shuttle around and while I have a late model Chevy Suburban and the wife has an import mid-sized SUV, I’ve always wanted a 67-72 4x4 classic Sled! I’ve been looking on and off for a few years now… I have found some that were already fixed up and really nice, but not how I want it. Or I found some needing $20k worth of body work alone...before doing anything else! So no joy for a long time. A few weeks ago a buddy emailed me a link to a listing of a 1969 green 4x4 Suburban located north of Sacramento, Cali. I was hoping to find one closer to Texas / Houston area, but have had zero luck with that. This one was boasting original metal and no body work with rust only in the rear top tailgate door…with the owner throwing in a replacement and a recently rebuild 350sb. The seller and I had numerous back and forths and he was kind enough to send me a ton of additional pictures from different areas I requested. I’m in! And as I am thinking about freight costs and shipping companies...it hit me like a ton of bricks. ROAD TRIP! So I grabbed my 2 oldest boys, 13 and 11, and we flew to Sacramento…picked it up and spent 5 days driving “The Sled” back. No ac, no radio…it was wonderful! I confiscated their phones and we had a road trip I hope they will remember for a long time. And since this Sled has spent its entire life in the same area not venturing farther that 30 miles (per sellers), she showed a ton of heart on the road trip to Houston! Future plans are to slowly fix her up, because the interior is pretty original and pretty worn out...decide on a new color. I'm leaning to Chevy 503, because of Chris's awesome looking Sub.

If it is okay with the moderators, I’d like to post some highlight photos from the trip. And since this is a Suburban centric site, I’ll try to post only photos with The Sled as the subject leaving out all of the goofy kids/Dad’s stuff…which was a lot!

Good deal! Glad you finally scored what you wanted. Post up the pictures of the truck and your adventures......

Oh, and to the board.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote