View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 11:30 AM   #13
MARKDTN

Re: Column signal switch adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2809 View Post
exactly my kit came with 2 flat connectors which I thought were male and female but I believe they are just 2 different female connectors.

that's jegs kit listed it as a stock column to AAW dash, so it confused me. do these half moon connectors come with the terminals to crimp on my dash wires?
In the grand scope of things there are really 3 different GM plugs. "Early" which is curved, "late" with is flat, and "later" which is flat and longer. The pigtail you show in you picture is for a late style turn signal plug to an early harness. These are used with aftermarket columns put into trucks with their original harnesses. A vast majority of aftermarket steering columns regardless of manufacturer come with a "late" style flat plug (and GM steering wheel splines). Not sure but this style pigtail may also possibly used with some of the newer RV tilt columns and original harnesses too? There is also a flat-flat pigtail to put a "later" style column in a "late" style harness. Usually this is a Cadillac tilt/tele with an aftermarket harness. Some aftermarket harness get around this by putting terminals on, but not the plastic plug and just provide both. But what you need is early column and late style wiring pigtail. This allows an original 67-72 column with curved connector to be used with most aftermarket harness "late" style flat connector.
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote