Thread: 47-55.1 Chopped Trucks
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 02:02 PM   #100
mr48chev

Re: Chopped Trucks

I not only like the shiny paint and the color of the Red truck I posted but several very subtle tricks they used on it that are just right but blend in so well that you might miss them at first glance.

I agree that the style line on the skirt should match the plane of the running board plus carry on in a straight line from the style line on the fenders.

I found this illustration that Rik Hoving did of Cole Porter's old truck with skirts that he drew up and then the truck as it sat when Cole owned it.

Some searching shows that the skirts on the red truck in my post above are probably aftermarket skirts sold to the lowrider brigade.

This truck perfectly shows one thing that I harp on a lot, To be right all the straight lines on the truck have to be on the exact same plane as they are on this truck. Not one line is off kilter from the others on it. No drooping the bed at the back to make the back look lower, no different angle between the door bottom and the running boards and so on.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.

Last edited by mr48chev; 10-13-2020 at 02:22 PM.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote