View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 06:12 PM   #141
Arne

Re: '64 C-10 Stalled Project Rescue

I took the truck on a short shakedown drive today, and I'm pleased. Yes, I've confirmed that I need to add a 3rd u-joint to the shaft, and also confirmed that the stock 17" steering wheel is too large for boosted steering. But I expected both of those items, and the rest of the performance has met my goals.

The electric pump has an audible whine, but you can't hear it from the cab when the engine is running, even at idle with the window open. The fixed 70% boost that the pump provides when not computer controlled is just about right. Easy to turn those big 275/60 tires when going slow, but not over-boosted at normal road speeds.

About the only downside is that—as others here have noted about some rack & pinion conversions—the turning radius may be a bit larger than before. But not much larger, certainly not as large as the '73 C30 crew cab I learned to drive on, so not enough to concern me.

I'm planning to write up a more comprehensive review with DIY notes soon. Watch for it in the main discussion area.

覧覧覧覧覧覧

Last edited by Arne; 02-08-2023 at 09:54 PM.
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote