View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 02:20 PM   #1
Blazerowner

LS3, 4l80e, Np205 in 1972 Blazer

I was kind of hogging another thread and figured I would make a new one. I am swapping an LS3 with a 4l80e and NP205 Tcase into my k5. This has been done and I've read a lot about it, but I haven't seen a lot of info on here specific to the blazer. One person did it using the Lomax np205, but at $2,700 assembled and the fact I don't really offroad I wanted to do it a little cheaper using my stock t-case. I picked up a 4l80e from my tranny guy and had him swap out the rear shaft for a fully splined setup. It has 6 1/4" shaft from the back of the case. I called Offroad Designs and picked up the adapter and input kit for the t-case. Since I had the full spline I was able to use the short input which is cheaper. It was right around $480 shipped for everything. They said the rear shaft can be cut to 4 1/2" and it will bolt right up. Using the 2wd 4L80e also gives me the VSS output which some 4wd transmissions didn't have. This can be worked around but I figured I would make it as easy as possible.

Plans are to get it mocked up in the next few weeks and put the T-case in the stock location. I also have a dirty dingo front engine cross-member for the ls3. Anyone else with info and suggestions is appreciated and this is a first for me so feel free to correct any statements that may be incorrect.
Blazerowner is online now   Reply With Quote