Thread: sanding delima
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 09:21 PM   #16
Foot Stomper

Re: sanding delima

[quote=nsb29;8617275]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot Stomper View Post
Like I said before "Epoxy is useless as a high build". You are doing the group a disservice when you suggest or recommend any epoxy as a replacement for high build urethane primer. Epoxy is not designed to be sanded easily or to be applied as thick... they are two completely different products for two entirely different purposes.

I have no idea where you are getting your information, but it is not correct. Perhaps reading a TDS is a good place to start.

Cheers[/
Thanks
I’m glad I don’t have to depend on you for information. you can’t sit there and read your books and have somebody else build your truck for you and think you know everything there is to know about paint and body work. I am not the first person to correct your miss information last time you were recommending bridge Epoxy. what I was correcting was your statement that it was for bare metal only and if what you’re working on is straight and does not need a high build that SPI and other epoxies have enough build that they could be blocked out.I do not use 2K high build primer’s because they shrink but then that’s another subject you and your books probably don’t agree with
Just so you know NSB, I was in the paint and body industry for 20 years. Factory trained by Sikkens, BASF and many others. I was a manufacturers rep for 5 years, technically trained painters and body men alike and had to diagnose those failures where guys played chemist by adding God knows what, pushed drying times, used spray filler as high build primer, didn't allow proper flash times between coats, used lacquer thinner instead of urethane reducer etc. etc. etc. this list goes on!

Hacks are a plenty, and will never read a TDS, always push the chemistry past it's designed features, brag about their "successes" (never their f' ups) and then blame the manufacturer when things go south.

So yes, I DO know what I'm talking about. It's clear you don't and shouldn't be suggesting backyard chemistry. Anyone who recommends an epoxy primer as a replacement for a high build urethane primer is dead wrong. Anyone who doesn't know how to properly use a urethane high build so it doesn't shrink is a rookie and shouldn't be handing out advice. Not even going to get into the whole Featherfill thing again...

NSB, it's ok to disagree, but this is the second time you've tried to label me as an idiot... the first time I let it slide and then your comments got deleted by admin... I'm not taking your crap again. You are a hack and I can't believe I wasted even two minutes on replying to you.

My 1959 GMC build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686989
Foot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote