Thread: Paint Bubbling
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 06:48 PM   #1
underliner6

Paint Bubbling

I bought my K20 about 7 months ago and it had a fresh paint job. The whole truck had been gone through and worked out. I wouldn’t consider it a professional restoration but overall well put together. I just noticed that the paint is bubbling under my gas lid. It seems like the base coat and the clear are both coming up together in just this one spot. I imagine it had to do with gas getting spilled at some point even though I make a big effort to wipe things off. I can’t see any rust underneath. The whole truck is clean as it came from California so I would guess poor prep rather than rust popping through.

Anyways, my question is do you guys have any recommendations on how I can prevent this from spreading. I don’t really want to repaint that area right now and am fine with dealing with a bad cosmetic spot. I just want to prevent it from spreading as the paint is lifting. I almost want to take my heat gun and push it down... As you can see the trim is attached using adhesive clips and the trim was not mounted with drilled holes and clips. I don’t drive the truck in the rain or weather so it’s not out in the elements.

Thanks for any advice.

Jim
Attached Images

1972 K20 Cheyenne- 350/350/205
1972 K20 Cheyenne - 350/SM465/205
underliner6 is offline   Reply With Quote