View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 08:14 AM   #23
big_dan

Re: 53 3100 - complete rebuild and upgrade . . . .

So this should about get us up to present day.

When I picked up my Scott's suspension I had him throw in step notches also. That saved me a little fab time, and their stuff is top- notch. So, drug out the sawhorses and pulled a tape till I decided on what width I would go with. Once we had that dimension, I clamped the notches in position then squared then and leveled then to each other. I used some 11 ga 1x2 box tube and tacked them together to keep us in spec then started the positioning. Once we're trimmed and welded in, I'll shoot for about 6" from the bottom of the notch to the axle, then shocks, sway bar and panhard bar.

It'll slow down a bit now as we're up to date, but I'll try to keep plugging along!

On a side note, some of you may be aware Scott's Hot Rods moved from Cali to Knoxville a while back. Since that's 45 minutes away, I took advantage of the opportunity and took a tour and got to know the place a little when I ordered my suspension. Outstanding shop, all American made, very cool, super talented people. I highly recommend their stuff.
Attached Images

big_dan is offline   Reply With Quote