View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 06:05 PM   #16
ToonMan

Re: Automatic gear indicator needle install

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
When I first got it in my head that I wanted to get a truck to restore, I originally wanted a 55-56, but I couldn't find one in decent shape, so I went with a 67 that was available locally. I ended up becoming obsessed with 67-72 trucks after that though, so it worked out. I still have a soft spot for those mid-50s trucks though. It's cool that you've held onto it.
When I was born in 65 my dad had a 56 Chevy stepside. And all he could talk about was wanting to put a cameo box on it. So I grew up listening to Cameo this and Cameo that. And when I was 17 I just accidentally fell into this truck. And I built it up and drove it to high school my senior year and my ex and I drove it away from our wedding. And it's still a cool truck it was in the Portland roadster show years ago. And I just can't bring myself to get rid of it. But now that I'm divorced and I have a fiance and she's really into hot rod trucks I wanted something different for us. I have the motor out of my Cameo right now so it's not running anyway so I bought this little 67 short wide and that will be our truck
Attached Images

56 Chevy Cameo----Custom, [Turquoise]
67 Chevy C10 Short Fleetside (Black & White)
63 Trailorboat-------Teardrop Style Trailer
69 Honda CM90
ToonMan is offline   Reply With Quote