Thread: 1939 Chrysler
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 12:23 AM   #27
mr.mud1

Re: 1939 Chrysler

not too much to report,ran out of mig wire Saturday night so i worked on the chassis.i had the rad/trans cooler off again for the 4th time,hunting a power steering leak,found a crack in my new rack so replaced it and thought it was problem solved?it wasn't,still leaked but found a couple of fittings on the factory lines installed,that were not tight.so far so good.i wanted to fire up the motor and change the oil/filter,i hadn't run it for almost a year,the last 10 or 12 months have been very busy.we sold our house and old shop,moved and built the new shop,had an old friend pass away and found out,she had named me her executor,so the poor old car just sat.i had installed a new plastic tank last year from Tanks Inc,with the pump in the tank but wasn't happy with the tank,found a new steel tank,so installed that with a pump module from Tanks Inc,made up some temporary fuel lines,charged a battery and fired it up.it howled and screamed like you were standing on the cats tail.i found the tin shield in front of flex plate/convertor bent a little somehow,made repairs and everything sounded great,changed the oil/filter.it was nice to hear the motor run again.it's a 360 EFI magnum motor that i rebuilt,with an overdrive automatic,all from a 1995 dodge pickup.it's the first thing i ever built that doesn't have a carb and it runs??amazing
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote