View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 07:31 PM   #304
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

When my body & paint guy offered to paint the grille I didn't know he was going PAINT the grille, pictures can't do it justice, at all.

He sprayed it twice, because the first time exposed marks inside the cells, probably natural, but he wasn't having it, so he sanded everything smooth, hit it again and used the same clear coat he sprayed the body with. It's heavier than once before for sure.

This is near as much his project as mine, couldn't do it without him. I pay him say 50% more than he wants though, on-going He wanted $200 to finish this grille

It's the same grille I installed new early 90s, seems it was $50-60 at a place called Chevyland. It was better than the NOS acquired over the years, so off to bed. Be a good day when I install it - the truck will have returned from its maiden start, God willing
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote