View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 04:14 PM   #2529
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Today I had the day off, as well as tomorrow.

Typically there were not enough hours to satisfy my planned schedule........ read that I did not get close to what I had planned to do, which was some shifting stuff around the garage.

Unfortunately home ownership includes a lot of yard work, and selected other tasks that I cannot delegate. So just needs to be done.

Today, after a long wait, I removed a massive multi trunked Buddleja, or Buddleia /ˈbʌdliːə/, commonly known as the butterfly bush, is a genus comprising over 140 species of flowering plants endemic to Asia, Africa, and the Americas.

I have hated it since we moved here at end of 2010 and like the creeper on the garage walls, I had to wait for Nicola to leave and not be protecting it. They are messy, invasive and like Medusa, the more you attack it the more it comes back.

So I cut all the branches up to about 1.4 meters from the ground and chopped it all into very small parts with my trust hedge trimmer that my brother had bought me as a wedding present in 2010.

Cut down, then chopped, keeping the thicker stems as firewood for the fireplace that is yet to be used this year.

With me ramming it into the wheels bins, I filled two to the brim.

At around 13.00 my friend Dave "Muckyhelmet" who had lent me his Trade card when I rebuilt the kitchen, netting me an over 50% saving on the kitchen. Crazy, but true.

He had found three packs of 1.2x1.8 meters of high density foam flooring.
Perfect to have on the floor in winter.
The cold is a killer.

He stayed for a while and chatted, checked out the garage and gave advice, then went off to,donate blood. Always a good thing to do.

Tomorrow I hope to cut down the rest of the stems and paint it with some brutal plant killer so as to prevent regrow the.

The plan is to replace it with two evergreen and fast growing shrubs to fill the big hole I created in my horizon

Maybe I will get some time to start moving stuff around in the garage and start planning where next with the truck.

I need to set up my welder as well as there is so much welding coming up.

That's it for today, thanks for checking in.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote