View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 10:09 AM   #3486
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I finally got a foundation in. I could only find a part time block layer. I ended up laying over a thousand of them myself.

Our framer is still 3 weeks out.
I've been wondering how your house was coming along. 1000 block? pfff... what did you do the rest of the day?
Having to wait to start framing is no fun when you are right and ready. Hopefully he'll make it worth your while with his best work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by best view View Post
That’s simple Larry invite Tim down with his tools
Eh, might not want that if he wants it closed in this year, or next! I used to be a lot of things and fast was one of them
Besides, I prefer old rotted out falling over buildings. That foundation is probably too straight and level. I wouldn't know how to deal with that

I got that summer kitchen ready for metal roof when it comes in. Now I'm fixing an enclosed cellar door entrance that has had negligent work done all around and on it with no regard for the effects of water. That work included putting new shingles on without a stitch of step flashing against the house. Before that the house got a typical vinyl siding job, just come put the siding on without addressing any water issues. The sills have rotted causing the walls to sink where it meets the house. The rafters have rot, and the walls have spread. So the ridge runs downhill toward the house 3" and water runs right in. The roof has sunken away from that pretty siding job. The homeowner's complaint (tip of the iceberg) was water running across the cellar floor causing dampness. I'll get pictures.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-08-2022 at 06:38 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote