View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 08:33 AM   #38
special-K
Special Order

Re: Nudder Music Thread: 67-72 Music

I have barely ever tried to play guitar and I still really want to learn. I did play drums, but you kinda need a band for that. I grew up around guitar playing, my dad and three sisters not to mention their boyfriends, my dad's friends, and mine. My dad was a HS teacher and in the '60s the school's folk music club would gather at our farm. My dad and the shop teacher (a childhood idol of mine) had students in the wood shop at night making guitars. I had a 12-string f-hole Rickenbocker (Like Roger McGuinn's) but someone my sister let see it stole it. I am thinking to break into the guitar by exploiting my good rhythm on the bass. I told a friend this and he has a friend who is looking to sell an acoustic 1970 Gretch 4-string bass guitar. I'm excited. It's something classic that I can play with any acoustic music, unplugged rock, or at home along with the stereo.

The Youngbloods made some great music. And good job on the post-a-linkin'

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote