View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 07:55 PM   #3
Ryan_S

Re: 1980 K20 Wood Truck Project

I got a little bit more work finished on the truck this past weekend. I got all four shocks replaced. The fronts were well past their useful life.The bushings were falling apart and once I got them off the truck, I think they would have made better slide hammers than shock absorbers.

The rear shocks weren't in much better condition. They looked like they had oil that had leaked out of them. Could have just been mud packed around the shock body, but oh well.

I didn't put anything special back in the truck. Just some run of the mill Monroe's from the parts store. I really just wanted to smooth out the ride on the old wood truck. I also wanted to put regular shocks in the back. I don't really need the extra load capacity of the helper springs. It may be placebo, but I really do think that taking them off softened up the ride a little.

The best thing that came out of the weekend though was just spending some more time under the truck. I found a few more things that I feel need attention. I added them to my list of things to do, and have been thinking a lot on what I want to prioritize. Next up for sure though is sorting out the problem with my fuel gauge, and getting the dual tanks to function.