View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 01:23 PM   #174
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Any idea how hard it is to find one of these little bastards when you pull the shift shaft cover off before putting the cap back on to contain it. It is the spring loaded detent ball that I had just installed (2 of them) and realized as I was sliding the cover up to meet the case that my dumb ass forgot the gasket. Instead of walking away for a few minutes to collect myself, I snatched the shaft cover to pull it off and out of the corner of my eye watched this one shoot up in the air, bounce once then disappear into the abyss I call my shop floor. Knowing I would likely never find a replacement, the search was on. After removing everything in the immediate area very carefully and scanning the floor with my 18" wide magnet I came up empty handed. Lets start moving tables, nope not under there either. After 2 hours searching I found that this little bastard will roll a long ways. It was 25' away from where I was working laying right out in the open. Almost twisted my ankle when I stepped on it going to the office. Gonna sit here for a few and take a break before going back to try it again.

It took me an hour this morning to figure out how all that went together again only to have to pop it back apart for the gasket. Hoping 2nd time goes easier.

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote