Thread: Optima Recharge
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2024, 01:52 AM   #5
Richard

Re: Optima Recharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIGW View Post
the yellow top is back when optima was here and made awesome batteries.
the red top is when they went downhill and are in the place they are in now.

You can try your tender on one and then hook up battery cables to the other and that will equal the voltahe and let that tender do its job for a few days.
of course ++ and -- the tenders take a while when doing repairs, so with two battreis itll take some time. After a few days unhook the battery cables and try only charging/repairing the red top.

But, in the end, optimas look cool, ands that is a big reason every oned them, but nowadays there are better ones out there. Look up XS batteries.
The red top is a car battery. Other colors are for deep cycle use AFAIU like a boat. Sure, can be used in a car. But not what designed for. True story- our 1994 twin turbo 300ZX purchased new cooked batteries because of heat under hood. Factory went out in two years, replacement by dealer lasted one year. My wife was stranded and I purchased an Optima red top (97-98 still owned by Optima) Was a lot of money, recall around $200. It was in the car unill we sold it in 2008. True Optima changed hands and the batteries are not what they used to be. What is as good as it used to be these days?

Last edited by Richard; 02-11-2024 at 01:59 AM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote