View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 08:33 PM   #36
Nick_R_23

Re: 1978 Chevy K20 longbed with nearly 500,000 miles! LS Swap begins!

Jumping back a little to the fuel system, this is the harness from gmachinz here on the board for a dual tank, in tank pump system. It's a piece of art, but one issue is that the Holley in tank pumps use a 4 wire connector, and this harness uses the stock 2 wire connector.

We're in luck though, since the connectors are the same Delphi Weatherpak connectors, so instead of building an adapter harness, I'm just going to de-pin these connectors and combine the two! Holley's provided pigtail and the gmachinz stock connector both disassembled.

Here's one side with the two wires from the harness (+12V pump wire, and sending unit wire) clipped into the proper position to work with the Holley pump, and the two ground wires fed back through.

Both sides completed! Again, not the end of the world to have built an adapter, but it makes the installation that much cleaner in the end!

Starting on the interior, I'm removing the dash, gauges, steering column, interior harnesses, and pedal box assembly in preparation for the new interior and fuel tank harnesses, and the hydraulic pedal box. I decided to do a little work on the gauge cluster bezel first though! All the factory trim paint had worn off, so I reapplied it!

Cleaned up, before:

After! Looks much better!

Up close, you can also spot the difference between the auxiliary gauges and the speedometer trim which I hadn't gotten to yet. The lower part of the bezel was completely worn off!

Finished stripping most of the interior that I needed to!

Cleaned up the inside of the dash! This is where I'm leaving off for this weekend!

Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote