Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 09:51 PM   #744
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Well its been awhile since I posted anything...as they say life gets in the way....but been driving her and enjoying....but the dog 350 wasnt doing it for me...no power

I have taken the dog 350 and putting back the 327 I built.....its not the original engine but date code makes it correct for year, and the month makes it close to correct....Truck was original 327 cu 3 spd.

I did some research and found some interesting things about this truck. When I bought the truck I got a lot of paper work with teh truck that I really didnt look at but have recently.

Truck was built in Atlanta, was sold in Birmingham, Al to a lady in north Alabama. truck has lived its whole life in Alabama. I also found the original protecto-plate for the truck in the paperwork, and some paperwork from the dealership....Apparently the original motor lasted 28k miles and was replaced at the dealership...details are sketchy but I guess it was blown but have no clue.

So as I have removed the motor, I decided to really take a good look underneath ole girl. Im not sure but it seems like this truck was babied, there are not dents to be seen, looks to be some original undercoating type stuff but no evidence of bondo. I took a refrigerator magnet to the whole body and it stuck everywhere. So I think this truck has been taken care of all her life.....

So I have started installing a 1966 327 that I had built to 375hp specs, gonna have a 700R4 tranny. Im adding power steering, not oem and will be adding the Holley Sniper unit. It will look original as I want it with a few modern conveniences......not trying to trick no body.

After I re-wire her I will get AC put in, stereo and eventually one day will have it painted but for now gonna make her run like I want and enjoy here.

When I crawled underneath I found an original wheel in the spare tire holder which I thought was cool
Attached Images

2019 GMC AT4
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote