View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 11:48 AM   #35
ChevyTech

Re: High idle on each start

You may want to look at this thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...30#post9116230

He is running below1000 RPM while logging data with WinALDL, but he has not posted any closed loop data so far.

I posted this message:

After looking at data readings that seem so wrong I did some searches and reading on using WinALDL.

After reading on the http://www.winaldl.joby.se/ site I see the user has to make choices on how the data will display. Go to that site and click on the Click here for screenshots and descriptions of the different data displays link.
The user must make choices for how the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor), RPM (Revolutions Per Minute) and MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor data will be displayed. Now I realize why the data logs the people a posting have readings that look so screwed up in these data sets.

The user can also chose to display the data in US values rather then metric..
The user can also pick which data will show.

I read much of the version history during development and saw on Nov 14 2001 changes were made on how the TPS data is displayed. This may have been when the choice selection was added in the display choices. I have noticed TPS irregularities in the logs people have been posting so they are most likely not setting things up correctly, or not realizing they have a choice to make.

My conclusion is that this software is great for an experienced person that has time to work with it and get to know the quirks of it, but for a newbie it is not going to be as easy as using a good scan tool.

If I was using this software I would establish my TPS voltage with a multimeter before using the software to know what to put in the choice boxes that control how the data is displayed. The RPM and MAP also has choice boxes which raises more questions.
ChevyTech is offline   Reply With Quote