View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 11:22 AM   #40
jmarkha1

Re: 1965 C10 Fleet Project - unfinished business

Bit slow over past few weeks - starting commuting back to office after 18 months of working from home so thats been a bit of a shock to the system!

Wheels for the truck - american racing torq thrusts - these wheels are very old style wise but I really like them - Ive got a set of early porsche ones on my beetle and thought a set of fat and thins would work well on the truck.

Casting on more recent wheels is a bit nasty - the diamond cut rim looks like an old record and the edges are not de-burred - so I spend a fair bit of time with a file knocking off all the edges and now plan to hand sand the rims with wet and dry to knock off the diamond cut finish.

They will get painted with a warm dark grey colour with a low sheen finish to try and emulated a classic magnesium version of the wheel. I did trya goldish colour to make them look like they have a DOW7 mag finish bit they looked a bit too 'pretty' for me so sticking with the grey.

Next was balljoint fitting in the lower front control arms - after powder coat so I was a bit nervous that I would screw the finish up! - A 2 inch hole in some timber and the bench hydraulic press - they went in a treat.

And got the lower rear shock mounts back from powdercoat - Ive modified so I can run shocks running vertically up, outside the frame - this seems to be a popular mod on lowered trucks.
Attached Images