View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #25
JRBECK64

Re: Intro and the longest build thread you'll ever see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfella View Post
So, acid etch primer first, then epoxy primer? And then 2k primer later to sand?
bluesfella,
I have never used Epoxy Primer so I was not aware it did the same thing as the Acid Etch Primer. I usually do my bodywork, Hammer the metal as close to flat as Possible, Then Apply an Acid Etch Primer to the surface where the metal is bare. Then I do my bodywork with the filler. After I do the bodywork with the filler I then apply a High Build Primer and sand it down with 150 Grit and a long board. I then Spray a Sealer Coat on the truck and do a 500 Grit wet sand. Each coat or Layer I put on the truck I use a Guide Coat so I can tell when the truck is sanded properly. Once the Sealer is properly Sanded I then apply the Base Coat and then the Clear Coat. It sounds pretty easy when you put it on paper but not when your doing it. I have found that its easy to manipulate the sanding blocks or longboard to make sanding the guidecoats real easy but that doesn't mean that you have sanded it right. All this comes with time and experience. I just painted my sons truck and I can go around it and tell where I didn't do as good as I would have liked to. But again its all about learning. Good Luck with your truck.

JRBECK64
JRBECK64 is offline   Reply With Quote