View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 11:11 PM   #192
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Yesterday I made a very simple brace for the bottom of the radiator. Put it on tonight after the paint dried. I needed a horn so I took one off my 98 van. It'll sound like a Chevy truck instead of a little VW beetle beep beep.

Getting back to the dash, the wife said it needs a radio. We do listen to it in the camaro when we cruise with the top down, so I picked a radio. It's a small round faced marine radio from Boss. It's about the same size as the tach and speedometer so I put it in the center at the same level as them.

Next was placing the glove box. Pretty much keeping it similar to the standard. I think I have it high enough to allow room for a grab handle. The wife was joking that it would have snake skin on it (she can't stand snakes) but I actually love the idea lol. So I need to find some snake skin material for that now. And I need to find hinges for the door.

I ordered a pair of 5.25" speakers that will fit right in front of the shifter. I know I can fit small speakers under the doors but not sure about doing that. I can't use the area behind the seats because I have the cubby hole there and the doors slide across so no room. No room below there. More thinking to do there.

I fixed a couple wires for the gauges. I had a couple short ones just to get things working. Now the controller will fit where I want it. Still need to do wiring for lights/blinkers, horn, etc before I secure it. I ordered some buttons and switches that I hope will work.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote