Thread: Old pics
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 07:13 AM   #45
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: Old pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Thanks a million. Looking through I couldn't help but notice how many delivery trucks ran grille guards back then. I hope everybody realizes all this artwork you see on these trucks is hand painted. Those bottles of beer, wine, etc are ages before wrap jobs and cut vinyl. Look at the moving vans and imagine a paint job of that scale.
Even up to the late 80's it was very rare to see vinyl letters and if you did they did not last long. The old Gerber 4B vinyl cutters were work horses and could cut endless amounts of vinyl overnight while you were gone But if there was one snag you came back in to 50 Yards of wasted vinyl because it would keep right on cutting even with the snag. With digital printers on the scene now it is getting rare to see plain vinyl cut graphics as well. The good thing about the whole car vinyl wraps is that it keeps resale values higher because they don't damage the paint and actually protect it better so it looks almost new still when removed.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote