Thread: Welders!
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 08:51 PM   #109
lks dcvn

Re: Welders!

Well - I decided to call the guys at Clarke to see if they had any cheap welders lying around from demos and displays (stranger things have happened) - since after doing some more research I found out that their Corporate HQ is about 15 mins from my house/work.

The guy says that if I buy used it won't come with the 10/2 year warranty that basically covers everything for 2 years and the major stuff for the next 8 years...

They guy asks what I will be using it for - he says that Tractor Supply Company has the Clarke135SG model on clearance right now - then gives me the SKU - then he tells me that it is on sale for just under $200 - so I do some searching online for the model - and the cheapest place online is around $600...

So I call around and the closest store to me (5 mins away) is sold out - he checks the store across town (15 mins away) - they have one left...so I call them. The person checks the inventory and says they have one (on the computer), but to call later to verify that they have it (no wasted trip for me).

Just before leaving work - I call - new girl - she will have to check and call me back...so I leave work driving the wrong direction from the store I need to go to...get home and they call (it figures) - they have it...

20 minutes later I am in TSC looking for it - I find it - EXCEPT it is marked down again to $140 - so I figured I would pass on the news that the Tractor Supply Company in your area may have this model on clearance for dirt cheap if you are looking for a MIG welder that can use gas as well and comes with a 10 yr warranty. Ask for SKU = 3806374

I will still need to buy/rent a regulator and a tank, but $140 for a welder out the door was a good deal to me. Now I just have to wait for it to warm up to try it.

Here are the specs:

http://store.weldingdepot.com/cgi/we...ot/WE6441.html

Thanks for your help everybody!
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote