View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 10:45 AM   #107
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
Here's what I did:
- Bought a cable for a shortbed
-Started installing all of the cables and hardware that the truck had originally and found out that the shortbed cable still wouldn't work because the combination of all of the loops and hooks took too much length out of it.
- Eliminated one or two of the shortest retainers that pull the cable towards the outside of the frame.
- Shortened the one long rod that pulls the cable towards the front passenger corner until the adjustment on the front parking brake cable was towards the max amount of tension. At first I had it to where it was in the middle of the threads on the parking brake cable, but found out that it takes quite a bit of tightening of that nut to get enough tension for the parking brake lever to get enough tension in the cables for the parking shoes to actually grab so I had to shorten the long front rod again.

I can take some pictures tomorrow. Because of where my mufflers and custom trans crossmember ended up, I had to do a couple other modifications because the cables were touching the mufflers or the crossmember.
Whew... sounds like another 10 minute project turned into a full day event. Par for the course... Thanks for help man! Don't go out of your way for the pics, I'm in no rush.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote