View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 11:06 PM   #122
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

We have ignition! <----- That's me doing the happy dance.

Mitch from Swaptime was super quick to respond to my email. We texted back and forth and he figured out that I had the fuel rail connectors installed wrong. After I reversed them and cleared the codes it started after a few cranks. It didn't sound all that great because one of the O2 sensors isn't hooked up yet, so a giant exhaust leak at the back of the header soured the rumble I was longing to finally hear. That'll be an easy fix.

So I gotta give Mitch props here. The guy knows his stuff on these Gen V's. Watch and subscribe to his YouTube channel (Swaptime) and don't hesitate doing business with him. Seriously excellent service. Here's an example... I had him rework my factory harness and modify my computer back in April of 2017, (at the time his price was 500 cheaper than another major competitor) he sends it back to me and I proceed to leave it in a box for the next 2 and a half years. Keep in mind this wasn't my original plan. Once I finally get it out and start to fit it to my truck I noticed the connector on the harness didn't match the connectors on my O2 sensors. I sent him a picture of the issue and he said send it back and I'll take care of it. Then, while it was in his possession, he noticed my harness was not up to the standard he is currently providing, so he upgraded several things on mine. A higher quality external wrap as well as some other wiring upgrades I never would have known I needed. He sent it back to me basically new, again... and only charged me 10. bucks!? I got it back from him the second time about 7 months ago and just yesterday I was ready to try to start it for the second time. Good grief am I slow! Well as you read a few posts back it didn't fire and I had no idea as to why. It's embarrassing how little I know about all those little sensors and countless wires. So I shot off another email telling him my woes... again... and he was nothing less than awesomely helpful.

What a relief! Now with that behind me, I can move forward on to other things, like getting a driveshaft, repainting the frame and several components that have been scratched up, or just not painted at all during assembly.

Today, I got that motivation I needed to keep at it, and I give all the credit to Mitch Vannatta and his company, Swaptime.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote