View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 10:57 AM   #767
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

I've been preparing the parts for the rear swaybar installation. The holes in the frame brackets for the connecting links are no longer round due to the link bolt rubbing the bracket. (Photo 1) I'm not sure why GM didn't drill the holes larger so the bushing's raised index would prevent metal to metal contact like it does on most lower control arms. Not only would a larger hole prevent the wear but the noise that would accompany the bolts rubbing or rattling in brackets.
I drilled the brackets out to 5/8". (2nd photo) I then put a slight chamfer (3rd photo) on both sides of the bracket to get the bushing's raised index to self center in the hole since I didn't have the exact drill bit size. The bushings appear to be a metric size.
Next I need to come up with some 1 inch spacers to go between the brackets and the frame.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote