View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 07:29 AM   #1
Bigdually

1986 S10 Daily Driver Rollover Rebuild

Well, I'll go ahead and say it. I messed up. I was on my way to work 10/31/19 and hit wet leaves that were blown across the road halfway through a blind turn, ended up on my lid. One small cut on my left elbow, no other injuries (until my big truck broke my finger a week later). Managed to crawl out the back glass hole then out from under the bed, and some low life stole stuff out of the wreck while I was walking to use the phone about a half mile away.... Some people.

Anyhow, it was a pretty nice, relatively rust free, all original 86 with 82k original miles. 2.5, 4 speed, ZERO options. I lowered it 2/3 and had done a lot of the requisite mods to free up all the HP the little 4 banger could give me. A perfect 27 mpg work truck. I scored an entire body off an 88 in really good shape for $200, I plan to swap it onto the good frame and scrap the crunched up body. Just couldn't see throwing away such a good frame and drivetrain that I know was perfect.

Started work on it 1/21/20 in the evenings with the assistance of the love of my life and my mechanic's helper, my girlfriend. The first two evenings have it front clip-less, with all of everything attached to the cab disconnected and the cab mount bolts out. Hopefully this evening or tomorrow evening will see the cab make liftoff. I'll post more progress as I make it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bigdually; 01-24-2020 at 10:39 AM.
Bigdually is offline   Reply With Quote