View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 07:03 AM   #6
Bigdually

Re: 1986 S10 Daily Driver Rollover Rebuild

The new cab is in the shop! Last night saw some more progress, although it seems I'm going backwards having to strip the new cab.

PO at some point HACKED the harness to "perfeshunaly" install a crappy aftermarket stereo. The dash was also pretty much trash. Fortunately I have the parts to repair the harness from the other cab, and the old dash is in good enough condition to swap over.

Got everything pulled out and off the cab, this 88 cab was from a 2.5 automatic truck and the 86 it's going onto is a manual. So I'm not only doing a cab swap, but essentially an auto to manual swap too, at least on the cab. Going to transfer the pedal assy, the whole column, the clutch master cylinder, and my power brake booster all over to the new cab, then cut a hole in the floor for the shifter.

I had just put a new heater core in my truck, so I'm swapping that over too while it's easy to access. Don't want any surprises with a floor full of green stuff. Going to clean out the cowl drains and all the fresh air ducts plus blow out all the HVAC ductwork while I'm this deep too.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bigdually; 02-01-2020 at 01:44 AM.
Bigdually is offline   Reply With Quote