View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 11:36 PM   #7
Bigdually

Re: 1986 S10 Daily Driver Rollover Rebuild

Accomplished some stuff tonight I'm pretty happy with!

Got the manual pedal assembly all bolted in, fit like a charm. The power brake booster and master cylinder also bolted right up in place of the manual brake setup that was there. I had to drill and cut the holes for the clutch master cylinder, but a quick template made from the old cab made the job a snap.

The biggest item was bolting in the manual column, as the mounting plate for the firewall and the shape of the hole plus the contour of the firewall itself is different between the two. With a small cut on the column's mounting flange to let it sit flush and some holes drilled through the firewall the marriage was complete! All the wires in the harness from the auto cab even plugged right into the column save two from what I assume was the Park/Neutral safety switch. Also, the auto harness has no provisions for a clutch switch. I can't see either one being an issue, at least not one a jumper wire isn't capable of fixing.

Next I'll cut the shifter hole in the hump, then give everything a good cleaning and then begin putting the dash in. This cab has dome and footwell lights! I'm excited about that, the old cab didn't and getting in at night or seeing anything inside after dark just plain sucked.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bigdually; 01-30-2020 at 11:43 PM.
Bigdually is offline   Reply With Quote