View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 05:36 PM   #17
Grizz1963

Re: 2000/2001/2002 S10 in England - Advice please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Glad to see you are ready to cruize with the Y2K special!
Absolutely, love just starting it up, driving, even more so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
Like it..
Thank you very much.

So this is a repeat.

But I want to draw a baseline.

The truck was brought into the U.K. like new, by a US serviceman in 2001 who sold it when he returned back to base after finishing his service here.

This is the trucks “build sheet” showing its whole DNA. What was put together to create it.

It seems to be pretty special, and I am both pleased and thankful to have been able to tick a box on my lust list.

Read and interpreted by some clever people out there

G80 and ZQ8 are posi track rear and sport suspension
G80 is the LSD, nice.
ZQ8 is a code and a trim package, so your truck is a ‘ZQ8’
They had a factory lowering kit, around 2in or so, springs and leafs. A tighter steering box and some other nice things. The Xtremes got the same setup but got a body kit and some badges.
This is kind of an aside since you're curious about rpo codes, but the guys who have the super sport S10’s look for the B4U code. SS trucks were the first to receive the ZQ8 suspension in 96 until they stopped the SS in 98. The ZQ8 then became its own trim package so to speak
That is the rear end. I think the codes that start with G are the gears for the rear. Not 100% but I think that's what it means. And G80 is a locking or semi locking rear end if I remember right.

GU6 = 3.42 gears
G80 = POSI limited slip
L35 = v6 4.3l vortec
M30 = 4spd overdrive transmission
ZQ8 = Sports suspension package

So having brought the truck home it was time to start looking at what all was added to the truck that adds value or cost.

Originally supplied in Missouri by Molle Chevrolet of Blue Springs.

An Extang BlackMax retractable vinyl tonneau cover has been fitted from new.

The truck benefitted from a Raptor bed liner applied in the USA before delivery.

Unfortunately, if you look on the outside, it carries a pair of metal FLEETSIDE badges, correct for what it is, versus a Stepside, but not original.
If it were not for the holes in the bedsides, they would be long gone (personal preference) but they will stay.

The bed has also never carried a load either, and is unmarked and indented after 20 years and 38k miles.

It has also, unlike so many truck, never towed or been used as a towing vehicle. Though I want to change that slightly.

Really interesting, is the fact that the rear bumper is ready to fit a tow ball once you remove the rear step rubber and find a hole, ready to receive.

Lift the rubber cover and away you go.

My friend JB Matthews in Oklahoma mentioned that he never seemed to buy a truck with the emergency Jack and wheel spinner.

Looks like I got lucky.

Also, unused is the 4th seat, behind the passenger seat, what is not apparent, is the fact the front bucket seats are actually a bench seat for occasional use of three, with safety belt.

As we know, the truck runs on two piece 17 inch Cragar SS wheels, shod in 255/45ZR17 98W Nankang tyres. There is also a full size spare Cragar wheel that came with the truck.

Included in the sale was a set of lowering springs and blocks. Some matching paint and two spare handles for the third door.

Seems the bump stops were removed and not refitted when the lowering kit was removed before I bought the truck.

I would love to see what my truck would look like with another 2” or 50mm drop, once it gets cold, I am sure @pauly will pop over..

In the engine bay, the only change affected was a change to K&N air filter system which in itself seems to be controversial.

So there you have it.

Baseline extras fitted to the truck, worth a few Dollars.

Next up, broken bits and bits needing replacement or fine tuning.

Changes that need to be made.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote