View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 03:59 AM   #473
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Another quick after work session, though I was kinda gutted I could not strike an arc or two, as I am in a two day national online meeting that I cannot walk out of at all.

So after work I went and took a quick look which turned into two hours of measure, fit, cut, move about.

I recovered the passenger seat from the C10 cab and put it in the tub as well.

Roll bar as it stood.

Both seats, and screen with roll bar.

Mocking up is the easy part of course.

I think thats how I want it, seats will be back 3-4 inches at least. Fixed.

Once I got to the look I wanted, I copied the angle of the roll bar onto a pizza box with a Sharpie, CAD at it’s best.

And proceeded to transfer measurements onto the paving outside the garage, using the water drain as a straight edge……..

And cut both ends as long as possible..

VERY HAPPY at this point.

I am adding new mounting plates that have been rotated slightly to the floor, that will then sandwich the body to the chassis.

I also trimmed the outside corners as the body tub has a slight curve at the bottom where it had been moulded, thus preventing any issues later.

I will be mounting and setting the roll bar at the correct angle and position using ductape, broomsticks and small children before tacking the base plates to it, followed by a decent penetrating weld.

Fresh hardware and a diagonal rear brace, modified to suit should give me the look I am after.

Then the search for suitable safety belts or harnesses will be on, that can be used with the RX8 seats

If things go well, I may try find some time tonight after work for the welding up, before cooking dinner for Sally and I .

Fingers crossed.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote