View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 03:52 PM   #475
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Well, what do you when the company gives you an hour extra at lunch time?

You go do some cutting, grinding and welding.

First thing to do was get the tools ready, then fix the chassis so it would not roll around, and set it as close as possible to level.

Then set the angle using the CAD tool.

Ready to weld.

Bzzzzzzzzzzttt……

Done.

Cooled off, I thought it made sense to try it in position.

HAPPY !!

Seats in the position they will be fixed.

Front view, in final position they windscreen and roll bar have the same top horizontal line.

So pleased with this result.

That concluded my lunch break.

We ended up concluding day 1 by 3.45 which meant I could go for a 5.3km walk which took me an hour.

Than I went down to the garage again to start on the rear diagonal which would prove to be more challenging.

Being from the 56 Chevy @pauly used to race and hoon about in, it is too big in all directions.

It took me a lot of fine tuned grinding and sanding with flap wheel and my narrow power file.

Eventually it all slipped together easily

Then using the level between various points on the chassis I got the cutoff line marked out.

It is not the original roll bar, so I need to make up a new anchor point for the rear.

I will have to weld in a new mounting plate to the chassis and also a foot plate to the rear diagonal with a couple of nuts and bolts.

I cut the plate in preparation, and also cut and prepped the diagonal.

At this point I closed shop.

Hopefully I can get the two parts made up and welded in place tomorrow evening after work.

Life is still good.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote