View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 02:26 AM   #542
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Just a bunch of pics today.

We all did a helluva lot of stuff yesterday and as I said to Craig last night, what we did was a lot more than the sum of its parts.

Still, loads of progress.

A lot of jobs needed to be done in order to line up for other jobs.

After all the lawns were done, the next big task was breakfast at around 11.30, American style bacon, scrambled farm fresh eggs and mushrooms and onions.

Then back out to cut backma load of overgrown hedging, trees and other wild growth.

Clearing, bagging and more.

Ohhh, and with the money saved by changing the roofing felt into the Hippo bags as Craig said, in my typical “Man Maths style” the saving, back into pocket, by recycling or reusing, repacking a Hippo bag left by the gas fitters is £132.50 if they remove it with your bad rubble, and you reuse your own turfs from it, along with recycling the contents.

Sally, Lorraine carrie on cleaning and clearing loads of beds that have clearly not seen a gardeners hand in years.

Larry carried on shifting soil, prepping for the Type 1 to go down and compacted (Monday)

Craig worked, and played Ring Master to all.

So in no particular order.

Reversing all the way from the A41 motorway up a farm alley road.

We had prepared and laid down some so e of the OSB inner walls from the stables so that the drive did not get too contaminated with the Type 1

Nicely dropped.

Another job was to cut a gateway for an archway and person gate in the rear hedge and into where the workshop, stables and Craigs new office will go.

Using the digger to lull the plants out, quicker than a spade and axe.

This was one of Craig and Sallys jobs, while I carried on cutting trees, hedges etc.

Trees along the way were cut back so the digger could get through to bring the Type 1 through from the front, remember the purple route on the satelite picture.

This was cut back by about a meter, also the rose bushes inside of it, cut out bit by bit and removed.

Larry carried on with hi demolition mission.

By day he is a farmer, but since Covid screwed his life up, he does a lot of this stuff, and really does take pride in what he does.

Loads of manual lifting, shovelling by hand and checking it was coming together as planned.

I gave up by 4.45 as my body was huring.

Craig and Larry carried on for another hour in the dark, laying the membrane under the new drive, and bringing the first bucket of Type 1 around from the front and spreading it to hold down the membrane till Monday when the whacker plate comes and the stone will be compacted in two layers.

After. Dinner, cooked by Lorraine, we headed home fast just after 7.00 pm

Absolutely knackered.

At our AirBnB there are chickens, cats and a dog called BEAR.

She greeted us and came to spend about 20 minutes being loved and loving unconditionally.

I love a dog mauling me, not bitting my butt.

Rarely sits still.

I was very happy, so was Sally, who wanted to handbag her and Donna the horse.

Today we have yard work, moving a load of numbered plastic boxes, and maybe dismantling a smaller shed so a bigger shed can be built in its place incorporating the smaller shed on the side.

Work till 2.00 pm

Then head back, shower, clean up and hopefully head out, cleaned up to a couple of local shops, followed by a pub dinner.

Of course things can still change dramatically.

Later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote