View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 04:37 PM   #544
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
I am exhausted just reading all this. You folks are really getting after it. I remember all this work in my younger days clearing for my shop (2004 ish)

Evening Bill,

Trust me, the last three nights were all entertained with the help of ibuprofen and paracetamol.

So Saturday promised to be a full day.

Woken early morning by Tara, our AirB&B hostess’ chickens and the neighbours ducks, along with a visit from little black Bear the catflap sized dog….. we go going and then headed back to Craigs place.

They came inside our space, looking for food.

So Sally shared a slice of bread with them, which they loved.

Then off to Craigs.

A quick walk around to inspect the work we had done the day before.

Looking top to bottom.

Quck coffee, a status check and day plan, followed by me straight out to start cutting back on the very overgrown garden shrubs, loads left to do.

The house is also covered in a variety of creepers and and different plants, all fighting for,space.

Loads of cutting, chopping and packing into ton bags.

Many of them.

We took 6 tightly packed ton bags and a few loads of tree branches and removed shrubs to the neighbours bonfire pile, pulling and packing everything on top on]f the pile.

Remember the person gate created yesterday?

From the other side, after removing the gazebo and about 70 boxes, all individually marked, inventoried and recorded.

Moved into the double tandem garage space for storage till the stables are moved and Craig figures the most sensible garage construction to lay down on site.

Yes, it is at an angle, weird for an OCD guy like Craig, but it is planned that way.

Continuing on the lift, carry, move, pack theme, we unpacked a shed and greenhouse after the gazebo was emptied.

Sally and Lorraine continued while Craig and I sat in the shade and drank a ton of low alcohol beers…….

Strong as a Shire horse and as eager.

Loads of stuff carried inside.

Such a fake pic.

Sally is a pretty good recorder of progress, taking pics when we were not expecting it.

While we kept rearranging the interior she got some pics too.

After emptying out the gazebo and sheds we broke for some food, and Craig with his chest still beating him up, took 30 minutes to catch is breath, sorting his mailbox..

I also tried but the paparazzi was there.

During our break, Craig and Lorraine sorted the sign writing on the mailbox……

Remember it cn only be straight.

Of course I had to edit it slightly.

When we took the bags and branches out to. The bonfire field, they neighbours wife was tending their donkeys.

Gentle, tame animals.

I loved the attention too.

Then back to more of the same.

Just so much overgrown plants.

Dinner was due after a shower and catching of our breaths.

Always more to do.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote