View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 07:59 PM   #220
Ford Assassin

Re: K30 Downgrade to Cummins Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madkidd007 View Post
In that case you’d be cutting a good bit. Sway bar will hit the crossmember and require notching. Crossover steering is tight with that low of lift so you’d need the 4wd box and to be honest I’ve never tried traditional steering so I don’t know what clearance issues there would be on the driver side with the spring pocket/crossmember. Also on crossover you run into issues with the drag link hitting the front of the crossmember. I used a Right hand drive JK drag link and pitman arm on a 2wd box but still had to cut a slot in the front of the crossmember to guarantee no rubbing. At the end of the day it’s still a lot better than the 4wd crossmember.
I don't really want to run more than a 35" tall tires on my Alcoa wheels, otherwise I would consider more lift.

I already have a PSC 2wd box so Crossover seemed to be the obvious choice.

Why is the 4wd crossmember so bad? Being I have a 6BT swap, I would have to run a Summit or similar Cummins swap crossmember to clear the oil pan if I decided to ditch the 2wd crossmember.

-K5 Blazer 2wd: 6.0 LQ4, 7875 Turbo, Tick Stage II Turbo Cam, Built 4L80e, RevMax Billet 3600, 9.5" 14 Bolt
-Chevy 3+3 Crew Cab Dually: Cummins 12v P-Pump Swap, Compound Turbos, A2W Intercooler, NV4500HD, 4wd conversion, Radius Arms, Coilovers, Crossover Steering, etc
Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=803608
Ford Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote