View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 01:07 PM   #263
A1971Blazer

Re: Doing LS Swap - I have no idea what I'm doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleChief View Post
So, it's been quite a while since I've been around, or done anything to the truck. Most of the family came down with Covid, and we lost a family member recently. But, we've been talking about getting after it again - 3-4 months later. Since most of my free time is late at night, I thought I might start trying to lay out the wiring for the motor. I don't where to start. Do I start by mounting the computer somewhere, or do I start hooking stuff up and then mount the computer to where-ever it will reach?

I ended up having a harness made and it's labeled for each connection. It's actually a PSI harness, so I'm not sure how much extra wire is there for the cpu mounting location. I haven't really looked at it too much to try and lay it out.
sorry about the family situation...life happens
as far as the harness is concerned...I would make all the connections, clean up and loom the wires as best you can, then see how much slack you have left going to the PCM and relays
that will determine where to place them...the relay and fuse block should be somewhere accessible for servicing if the need arises....
if you are going to have AC....that limits the amount of room there is behind the dash.
I'm still debating where to put mine on my '67 build , I'm also adding a cruise module...so there's another component to mount....somewhere?

good luck with it...
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote