View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #87
atvpro

Re: C50 Pick-up Drill Sergeant

You are not going to believe this but between the hood and two doors I have $2,000.00 in paint and labor. These doors and the hood were of the devil but they have been redeemed. After having to pay a now ex employee to do the body work and paint three times, the third time having forgot to put in the hardener finally had to get my hands dirty and strip the paint off of the hood and doors and then repaint them two more times because I accidentally buffed through an edge. Anyway they are on.

I have needed to have the doors on to be able to go any further on fitting the front clip to the frame. I have the radiator mounted and had to make new mounts. I also had to make front body mounts all of which took me seven hours do to the onset of a cold.

Today, having pretty good drugs in me, I started working on the fender flare extensions. I will be shortening them down so that they only go about two inches below the body.

Things should start speeding up rather quickly on this project now that the doors are behind me. I seriously thought I was going to have to spend sometime in a padded room because of those doors.

I just took in a 70' Chevelle for a complete frame off restoration, this will be a big block car with lots of extras. The blazer is also is coming along nicely, I just finished up a 3/4 ton frame for it two days ago.

atvpro is offline   Reply With Quote