View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 10:11 PM   #93
Blown06

Re: Project: "ResuWrecktion" '71 Custom Deluxe C-10

Cowl rust and fresh air intake delete was my plan this weekend. I had the idea of also deleting the blower pocket in the firewall. I spent a lot of hours searching and reading but only found a few photos of " Project Cod Fish" where EBfabman did his amazing work on the cab. There wasn't many pics and my skills are nowhere near what EB's are but I decided to tackle the job.

It's just metal, right?

So here's what I started with, I had already welded up the blower hole and put the other PB filler panels in during the fall.

I'm going to post a bunch of pics because I didn't find very many that showed all the brackets and stuff inside the cowl, so bare with me.

The bracket that holds the front fender and cowl panel in place has to go back in the correct position.

So I used some scrap metal and fabricated a jig to locate the exact position of the bracket. This way I can cut it out of the way and ensure that I get it back where it belongs.

No turning back now.

I don't have any fancy skills or equipment so I just used hammers and dollies to shape it the best I could. Figured I could accomplish it with two pieces and get the shape I was after.

I still have a bunch to do but that's a decent update, I have the day off tomorrow and have to go get full bottle of Argon. Almost completely out.

My project: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=646563
Blown06 is offline   Reply With Quote