View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 02:26 PM   #1
Tekamah72GMC

1972 GMC Jimmy Build.

Long Story short I finally got my Jimmy bought last winter. Had it for less then a year and this is where it sits.

We have removed the body, removed the engine, removed everything from the frame.

Sand Blasted the frame painted it black, rebuilt a Chevy 350 bored .030 over installed Vortec Heads and a Jegs Dual Plane intake. Bought a rough Edelbrock 650. Rebuilt it. It ran really well on a test stand.

Was going to attempt to rebuild the TH350. Decided against it and took it to a shop here in Nebraska. 700.00 later with a new torque converter it is mated up and in the Jimmy.

I did rebuild the Transfer case, finding a broke fork, and a stripped gear. Thank you to this message board and the wonderful write up here on this site for walking me through it. Pictures and all.

I traded my stock springs and shocks for a 4 inch lift, even across. I think it was a good deal. He wanted stock ride height I wanted lift.

I bought all new brakes from my Local NAPA store. Ran all new Brake lines and fuel lines. Trying the Nickle Copper Brake Lines. Boy did they flare nice. Running some right now as a test on my 2005 Tahoe. That year Tahoe's have the issue of rotting out. So far so good with the those lines.

Bought some aftermarket rims 18 inch. I have to run an extended lug on them but I think they look good.

Rebuilt the Steering box and replaced all the Front Steering Components.

Bought Corvette style rams horns manifolds, and ran a true dual exhaust, and Thrush Chambered exhaust. I ran all 2.5 Inch exhaust tubes. I thought I was getting a different muffler but I am ok with these for now. It is not going to be a daily driver...YET!

The I feel like the chassis is done. now for body work....
Attached Images

Tekamah72GMC is offline   Reply With Quote