View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 01:44 AM   #31
Mike Bradbury

Re: Project 30 Be Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-n-Tyke View Post
Not sure if you have thought that far out yet but what are you planning on running for motor mounts? Are you planning on doing the same as you did on your C20 or something different this time? I am trying to determine the best mount for for our 5.3 while still retaining the LS AC in it's original spot.

Let me know if you ever need an extra set (or 2) of hands pulling that old motor/trans. I have a 402 sitting my garage too that was going to go in the Burban, but then got bit by the LS bug.
Yeah you know I went kicking and screaming into the LS swap sub culture but then as my dad and I were talking one day he said back in the 50's we used to take old '32 Fords and drop '55 flatheads in them. Back then a 1955 flat head was a new modern engine. That kind of sealed the deal for me. I love the platform and how well the engine was thought out. Even the gaskets are O rings! genius!

As far as the motor mounts go I am going to fabricate them but not as overkill as the last set. I learned a lot last build and this set will be smaller and more user friendly. The last set was so beefy that it is hard to maneuver a wrench in place because the hardware is bigger than it needs to be. I think the design will be the same just using smaller tubing and bolts.

I will take you up on that offer when the time comes, I am gong to be removing the entire front clip before I yank the engine to make it that much easier but where I have to work on the truck now is outside and the driveway has a bit of a slope right where the cherry picker will be. It is definitely going to be a multi person job.

Project: Barn Raising http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414961

Project: 30 Be Low https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=830583
Mike Bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote